[OSGeo-Discuss] new geoparser services

Brad Hards bradh at frogmouth.net
Tue Jun 2 16:42:15 PDT 2015

On Tue, 2 Jun 2015 04:14:33 PM James Reid wrote:
> All, for those interested in geoparsers I'm pleased to say that we
> (University of Edinburgh) have recently made updates to our free Unlock
> Text service.
Thanks!

> We now support  2 separate geoparser engines - the 'Edinburgh LTG
> Geoparser' and a modified Clavin engine. Details on both here:
>
> http://edina.ac.uk/unlock/texts/
Recognising that it has different focus to some of the existing parsers (some
of which are linked off that site), do you think there is enough commonality to
start thinking about a common API that could be used (with minimal, if any,
changes) by various clients?

> Comments direct to this list also welcomed in the spirit of trying to
> improve our offerings...
Are these intended to be a (possibly future) open source release?