[OSGeo-Discuss] new geoparser services

James Reid james.reid at ed.ac.uk
Wed Jun 3 01:57:52 PDT 2015

Brad - the API we have is designed to cater for both parsers in a
generic fashion - so you can invoke either parser and have a (broadly)
similar response. CLAVIN is already open sourced and also comes as a
deployable VM I believe - the Edinburgh Geosparser is more complex as
its bulit on a range of existing opensourced NLP toolsets as well as a
bespoke pipleline. The code is available on request but the team lack
the resource to support a full properly maintained open source release.
For information, it was recently been used to geoparse a large corpus of
literary texts for the LitLong project - litlong.org.

Hope that helps? Any questions please ask.

regards

James

--
James Reid
Geoservices - EDINA - University of Edinburgh

t:+44(0)131 6511383 m:0759 5116988

"Stay vigilant." - Alan Stoob

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.