[OSGeo-Discuss] Code of Conduct in Real Case

Pedro-Juan Ferrer Matoses pferrer at osgeo.org
Wed Jun 24 03:35:57 PDT 2015

Hello Sanghee,

> I was asked to remove a few slides from my presentation "7 Reasons why you should come to FOSS4G 2015 Seoul”[1], which is at the main page of FOSS4G Seoul, as being possibly offensive to women. Specifically to say, slide #6 (nude female in painting) and slide #20 (row of female models) are those controversial ones.

I'd like to have a little bit more of context to make up my mind

* Who asked to remove the slides?

* Is «being possibily offensive to women» the only reason it was given to you?

On the other hand, obviously you have you own reasons to keep the
slides, but those reasons are not clear in the presentation because it
lacks of... well, it lacks of someone *explaining* what are we seeing.

May be a less-dependant-on-someone-explaining-presentation is more
suitable for being in the landing page of the Conference.

But this is just my POV.

Best regards,
--
Pedro-Juan Ferrer Matoses