[OSGeo-Discuss] Starting build cycle for OSGeo-Live 9.0

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Tue May 19 01:26:33 PDT 2015

We are starting the build cycle for version 9.0 of theOSGeo-Live
<http://live.osgeo.org/>DVD/USB/VM which will be released at FOSS4G in
Seoul, Korea in September 2015.

We would like to hear from anyone wishing to add new projects to
OSGeo-Live, anyone wishing to extend or add translations, or anyone who
has ideas on how we should shape the upcoming release.

For this release we will be moving our version control system from
subversion to git. This is currently getting set up and we will be
providing details shortly. Git migration discussion is happening on
ourmailing list <http://lists.osgeo.org/listinfo/live-demo>. Feel free
to join!

    Key Milestones

    21 June 2015 All new applications installed, most old applications
    updated
    13 July 2015 Feature Freeze (all apps updated)
    16 August 2015 User Acceptance Test (all apps installed and working)
    30 August 2015 Final ISO sent to printers

... full schedule
<http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Al9zh8DjmU_RdE1SYUN3YWJ2N1NpSUczbW9IRWZNclE&hl=en_GB>

    About OSGeo-Live

OSGeo-live is aLubuntu <http://lubuntu.net/>based distribution of
Geospatial Open Source Software, available via a Live DVD, Virtual
Machine and USB. You can use OSGeo-Live to try a wide variety of open
source geospatial software without installing anything.

--
Cameron Shorter,
Software and Data Solutions Manager