[OSGeo-Discuss] Discussion for Motion: Committee bi-monthly reports

Massimiliano Cannata massimiliano.cannata at supsi.ch
Mon Oct 19 06:57:54 PDT 2015

Dear Broad,
I was discussing this idea with Jachym and Venka some time ago and now I
would like to make my motion to the board in the next meeting, so I want to
start this discussion.

Board members cannot be subscribed to all the existing mailing lists and be
informed on every things is going on but to take some decision a wide
overview is required. At the same time committee's chair has the role of
leading the work group and organize discussions.

So the motion I would like to do is:

"Every committee chair have to report the main activities and actions to
the board at least every two months. The non submission of two consecutive
reports is an index of committee inactivity and lead to the board
discussion on need of replacing the chair and verify if the committee has
still sense or shall be withdrawn."

Please add your comments before of the next board meeting.

Best,
Maxi
--
*Massimiliano Cannata*