[OSGeo-Discuss] Renaming FOSS4G

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Tue Oct 6 14:11:38 PDT 2015

We really should have just gone with GeoBonkers' Meeting back then. It speaks to me on so many levels.

In all seriousness though, I think changing the name now that everyone has gotten used to it and knows what it means is not a good use of anybody's time.

As Jeff noted, there are other ways to elevate the OSGEO name without making the conference name OSGEO and really the message we want to give involves both

OSGEO is the Go To for all your FOSS4G needs.

Thanks,

Regina