[OSGeo-Discuss] Renaming FOSS4G

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 13:08:49 PDT 2015

+1 for "OSGeo conference".

Adding a perspective from someone who marketed FOSS4G 2009.
Creating a marketing message is all about minimising words used, because
"less words get read more".

When explaining FOSS4G to people outside our community you need to use:

"international conference for Free and Open Source Software for
GeoSpatial (FOSS4G), presented by the Open Source Geospatial Foundation
(OSGeo)."

vs

"international Open Source Geospatial (OSGeo) conference"

This is a good question to put to the charter members for a vote at some
point.