[OSGeo-Discuss] OSGeo sponsors ?

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Wed Oct 14 06:49:14 PDT 2015

On Wed, Oct 14, 2015 at 08:52:14AM -0300, Jeff McKenna wrote:
> Hi Sandro,
>
> I am trying to understand your tone of your e-mail, but I think you
> are asking if the sponsors page is accurate/uptodate.  This is a
> good question.  I will ask the OSGeo Treasurer for an accurate list
> of sponsors, and I will update that page.

Thanks, that might help better understanding what's going on.

> On a bigger picture, OSGeo is always looking for champions, and if
> anyone is interested in contacting sponsors to help OSGeo grow
> please let us know.  It is a role that has never come naturally to
> OSGeo members since the start of the foundation, but one that is
> very important.

The tone was "suprised" and "disappointed".

Does advertising proprietary software solutions
on OSGeo website count as "championing" for its cause ?
I wouldn't expect that from my Open Source Compass.

Or am I being misleaded by the lack of info on the net about
the software names found on that osgeo page ?

--strk;