[OSGeo-Discuss] OSGeo sponsors ?

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Wed Oct 14 07:28:07 PDT 2015

On Wed, Oct 14, 2015 at 03:20:43PM +0100, Barry Rowlingson wrote:

>  As long as they obey the license terms, I don't think OSGeo should
> worry about taking money from PropGeo Corp. OSGeo does not suffer from
> Stallmania, an uncontrollable urge to insist all software should be
> free.

I'm not worrying about taking money from AutoDesk.
On the contrary, I saw an empty sponsors page and a page
advertising proprietary software.

So, are they still paying ? And is it fine by OSGeo policy to
advertise (by means of linking to, from its website) proprietary
software ? Because I read from the "about" page [1] that one of the
goals is "to promote the use of open source software".

[1] http://www.osgeo.org/content/foundation/about.html

--strk;