[OSGeo-Discuss] OSGeo sponsors ?

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 20:27:39 PDT 2015

b.rowlingson at lancaster.ac.uk> wrote:

> > As long as they obey the license terms, I don't think OSGeo should
> > worry about taking money from PropGeo Corp. OSGeo does not suffer from
> > Stallmania, an uncontrollable urge to insist all software should be
> > free.
> >
> > [1] and some (no names) by releasing code that needs their proprietary
> > code to work anyway, we call this "open-washing"...
> > http://opensource.com/business/14/12/openwashing-more-prevalent

We are going little bit off topic here, but as I see it, it is a part of
the "being open source compass" to inform users about things such as what
open means, why proprietary software companies contribute, what copyleft
means for developers and what for users, why this open source based cloud
is not for free, and why this open source plugin to my open source software
needs this proprietary and paid software to actually work.

Vaclav