[OSGeo-Discuss] OSGeo guidelines for code hosting ?

Anita Graser anitagraser at gmx.at
Sat Oct 17 12:34:19 PDT 2015

On Sat, Oct 17, 2015 at 7:59 PM, Sandro Santilli <strk at keybit.net> wrote:

> On Sat, Oct 17, 2015 at 05:06:54PM +0200, Anita Graser wrote:
> > On Oct 17, 2015 12:10 PM, "Mateusz Loskot" <mateusz at loskot.net> wrote:
> > >
>> Finally, with Sandro, we brainstormed idea of surveing the Community

​> > ​
> about their hosting needs/preferences.

​That sounds like a good idea!
​​

> > What about the projects which are already on Github?

They hadn't wasted any effort, because no effort existed...

​Projects which moved to Github at some point spent effort to both make the
decision and make the move. Granted, no effort on OSGeo side might have
been wasted.​

Anyway, the request is to the OSGeo board to clarify requisites of hosting
> for OSGeo projects.

​I'm trying to understand the direction this discussion is going since I
might not be aware of the full background story. Are you expressing a wish
for stricter hosting guidelines? Or would you simply want clarification,
even if that means OSGeo takes a very "everything goes" position?

Thanks and best wishes,
Anita