[OSGeo-Discuss] Predictions about Open Geospatial in 2020

Jo Cook jocook at astuntechnology.com
Wed Sep 9 11:42:50 PDT 2015

Dear All,

I am writing a paper predicting the state of Open Geospatial in 2020, for a
Foresight study for the Association for Geographic Information (
http://www.agi.org.uk/). I contributed to their previous foresight study-
on the state of Open Geospatial in 2015 (written in 2010). See
http://www.agi.org.uk/news/foresight-report for a link to the pdf.

In this case, "Open" is not simply limited to Open Source, but also Open
Data, Open Standards, and unfortunately many other meanings of the term
"Open".

I asked for predictions for the previous study here on the OSGeo Discuss
list (though I can't find the thread in the archives) and I'm both keen and
curious to crowd-source some opinions/predictions again now. Anything I use
will be cited, unless you don't want it to be!

Grateful thanks in advance

Jo

--
*Jo Cook*
Astun Technology Ltd, The Coach House, 17 West Street, Epsom, Surrey, KT18

864201149.