[OSGeo-Discuss] Capacity Assessment Survey on Open Data - We welcome your inputs

Suchith Anand Suchith.Anand at nottingham.ac.uk
Sat Oct 8 09:43:19 PDT 2016

Dear colleagues,

With the objective to promote open data knowledge and increase awareness of ongoing open data initiatives, innovations and good practices, the leader organisations of GODAN Action[1] are working on the creation of a GODAN Working Group on Capacity Development. Details at http://www.godan.info/news/godan-working-group-capacity-development

The Global Open Data for Impact and capacity Development in Agriculture and Nutrition (GODAN Action) is a 3.5 year project led by international partners with a strong agriculture, nutrition, data and ICT record including Wageningen UR -Alterra, AgroKnow, the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO), the Global Forum on Agricultural Research (GFAR), the Land Portal, the Technical Centre for Agriculture and Rural Cooperation (CTA), the Open Data Institute (ODI), AidData, the Institute of Development Studies (IDS).

It aims to enable an effective use of open data in tackling the food security and nutrition challenges by building the capacity of stakeholders to both understand the potential of open data for agriculture and nutrition and to engage with it practically. Part of the project will develop new training programmes to build capacity in open data and agriculture and nutrition. To understand what the focus of the training needs to be, we are conducting a survey of people working with open data in the agriculture and nutrition space.

The data from this survey, along with evidence from desk research, will then be gathered into a training needs assessment report. This report will inform the development of new training materials and courses.

We kindly ask your collaboration in filling the capacity assessment survey on open data through this link.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/Z829FDF

Best wishes,

Suchith

PS: I have shared some of my reflections from GODAN summit 2016 at http://opensourcegeospatial.icaci.org/2016/10/reflections-from-godan-summit-2016-join-the-open-data-revolution-to-end-global-hunger/