[OSGeo-Discuss] OSGeo and Open Data?

Angelos Tzotsos gcpp.kalxas at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 01:46:53 PDT 2016

Dear Andrew,

On 10/17/2016 11:46 PM, Andrew Turner @ mapufacture wrote:

> - *Geospatial support of common data catalog formats*. Notably DCAT has
> become prevalent thanks to the development & adoption of CKAN by many
> national governments. The spatial capabilities are nascent, so what would
> OSGeo recommend as better practices. Maybe also consider open-source
> implementations of DCAT publishing and consuming libraries so that more
> tools (e.g. QGIS) could publish or search and consume from DCAT-capable
> catalogs

Please have a look at the PublicaMundi project we completed last year.
http://publicamundi.eu/

We believe that we enhanced the CKAN geospatial capabilities quite a lot
in this project.

Regarding catalog capabilities in QGIS, there is an ongoing discussion
about implementing some new metadata functionality in QGIS core.

Also GeoDCAT-AP support is on the roadmap of pycsw.

Best,
Angelos

--
Angelos Tzotsos, PhD