[OSGeo-Discuss] [Board] Not graduated OSGeo project...

Massimiliano Cannata massimiliano.cannata at supsi.ch
Fri Oct 21 00:33:37 PDT 2016

I strongly disagree in using the name "project" for outreach "activities".

In OSGeo a project is a "software project" and we have:
- osgeo projects (graduated)
- incubating projects (incubating)
- community projects (not big enough to incubate)

Then we have "outreach activities" which are conducted by:
- OSGeo committees
- OSGeo working groups
- OSGeo advocates

To me using PROJECT for outreach activities is misleading and confusing.

And if you list one in the landing page you should list all of them.....
p.s.: "open geoscience committe" is an "outreach project" as it connect
with EGU and AGU associations

Best,
Maxi

--