[OSGeo-Discuss] Sharing sad news from the web...

Angelos Tzotsos gcpp.kalxas at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 07:39:36 PDT 2016

So according to Randal, to reach out to schools we need a scaled-down
and lighter OSGeo-Live build (probably without the server side
applications), with different documentation included. Maybe based on
Edubuntu?

I volunteer to make a custom OSGeo-Live iso for kids, but we will need
lots of feedback and volunteers to shape up a new documentation.

Last year I had the chance to teach several hours of OpenStreetMap to
school kids in a municipality initiative and I can totally agree that
things are different with kids. They did not seem to have much
difficulty with the OSGeo-Live UI, but we ended up playing with iD and
less with desktop applications, like josm.

just my 2c

Angelos

Angelos Tzotsos, PhD
OSGeo Charter Member