[OSGeo-Discuss] Campaign statement for Marc Vloemans

Marc VLOEMANS marcvloemans1 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 00:52:19 PDT 2016

Dear Charter members et al,

For those of you that I have not had the pleasure to meet, drink and/or
work with, I am Marc Vloemans. Since 2000 I have been instrumental in
raising the profile for open source in general in The Netherlands and
abroad. More specifically, I have been active as a market and business
developer for open spatial IT; finding and convincing end-users.

My strategies, tactics and methods to achieve more traction for open
spatial IT include(d) writing books, articles and blogs, acting as a
lobbyist with Dutch and EU Parliament, setting up a market leading Dutch
open GIS company, organising a cooperation of open spatial IT players, LOC
FOSS4G Bonn and Dutch Local Chapter memberships, OSGeo Marketing Chair and
the like.

Besides I have served and still serve on various (non-)profit boards.
This is where my past experiences, learnings and achievements ultimately
come together and hopefully complement those of my fellow board members.
Our projects and local chapters are the corner stones of OSGeo. As
Marketing Chair I am in the process of organising a bottom up approach to
our strategic direction. I hope to close the loop as a Board member; from
strategy to implementation.

Judging from the list of great candidates I am pretty sure I can contribute
my own unique skills and experience to cast our open spatial net farther
afield then ever before. Building bridges towards adjacent communities,
reaching out to new geographical and sectoral user groups, engaging our own
community..

Please feel free to contact me for more information.
Thank you for your time and my nomination.

Kind regards,

Marc Vloemans

Email: marcvloemans1 at gmail.com
Mobile +31(0)651 844262