[OSGeo-Discuss] Project selection on the new website draft

Paulo van Breugel p.vanbreugel at gmail.com
Wed Aug 16 04:21:08 PDT 2017

On 8/16/17 9:32 AM, Jody Garnett wrote:
> We could ask the OSGeo live project what procedure they use, at the
> moment we have asked on the discuss at osgeo.org
> fill in a google form so we would have content to try out the website
> with.
>
> There is a very clear distinguishing of OSGeo projects on the website:
>
> a) Sort order is OSGeo projects > OSGeo Community > Other
> b) Only OSGeo projects are available from the menu directly,
> c) When listed OSGeo Projects, and OSGeo Community projects are badged
> with the appropriate logo

When I use the link http://osgeo.getinteractive.nl/projects/ directly, I
am seeing the page with all projects, with projects in what seems to be
random order (and with some of the OSGEO projects, like GRASS, on the
last page). Only when I click on 'projects' in the menu am I presented
with the projects grouped in Osgeo projects, osgeo community, others.
Wouldn't it be preferable to use that page as landing page when using