[OSGeo-Discuss] Proposal for the listing of projects in our new web site

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Mon Aug 21 17:22:40 PDT 2017

> 3) as mentioned in 2) it would be nice to have a place on our site to
> list organizations that are NOT looking for work, nor are a GeoForAll
> Lab, nor (yet) a sponsor or a partner (with a formal MOU). Perhaps
> they are important contributors to a project and would like to be
> listed somewhere. CSIRO comes to mind as an example. I think we DO
> need to think of perhaps a new content type to capture these and
> classify them appropriately and let them link to the projects they
> contribute to, resources they may have created etc. Perhaps just an
> 'Organizations' section that is much like the 'Service Providers' and
> GeoForAll labs, but is listed separately under Community, I can think
> of a lot of organizations who would be interested to be listed here.

See earlier, should be listed under Partners and Friends. List sorted so
that partners (MOU or other biz relationship) is sorted higher then people
we think are really cool and help further our objectives (like
OpenStreetMap which we promote as a source of open data).

I really like the "Partners and Friends" title, but we can rename it to
organizations / organisations if that makes everyone feel happy.

Hoping we can all agree on what we are talking about here and find a
> solution. I really want to find a place for *every* member of our
> community big or small to show off their work and make sure its linked
> to other content types (projects, resources, news etc) appropriately.
> This is of course a bit hard because we have such a diverse group of
> stakeholders, but Im confident we can work through it.

Very much agree. We also need to keep in mind that this website is for
visitors who are not yet part of our community. Steven called me out on
this several times on the weekend when rewriting our home page. So hard to
sneak a "how to help" button in, rather than a "how we can help you".

Jachym, just making sure you are happy with how OpenGeoLabs is currently
> listed?

Poor Jachym I was just trying to ask a question :)