[OSGeo-Discuss] Elections 2017

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Fri Aug 25 13:49:17 PDT 2017

Thanks Cameron:

For more information on how elections work this year:
https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Membership_Process (please take a moment to
read and ask questions).

Take a moment to review who makes OSGeo better for you - and double check
if they have already been recognized as a charter member.

I am going to personally highlight two points:

>    - A person may ask a charter member
>    <http://www.osgeo.org/content/foundation/members/voting_members.html>
>    who can vouch for the Positive Attributes
>    <http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Membership_Process#Positive_Attributes> of
>    the person to nominate them.
>
> Do not hesitate to ask a charter member if they can recommend you. We have
already seen nominations here on discuss of amazing contributors who people
assumed were already a charter member.

Membership nominations should strive to promote diversity:

>    - Nominate members representing a diversity of geographic regions,
>    diversity of projects, diversity of programming languages.
>

>    - Nominate members representing and diversity of interests (e.g.,
>    corporate, hobbyist, educational, scientific).
>

>    - Nominate members representing a diversity of humanity including
>    gender and race
>
> The nomination process is one of the opportunities we have to work on
diversity.

Thanks to everyone for taking part, you can watch the list of new member
nominations take shape here:
https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/New_Member_Nominations_2017

--
Jody Garnett