[OSGeo-Discuss] Free course about Geographic Information Systems applied to Municipality Management

Dirk Frigne dirk.frigne at geosparc.com
Thu Dec 7 04:59:55 PST 2017

Great!

The more reuse we can promote, the better.
When using the courses in a educational environment, it would be good to
evaluate the material and leave suggestions for improvement.
The Idea of GiCases is also the idea of *collaborative learning* and
*collaborative creation*. Values which are already tested and used in an
(open source) community context.

Looking forward to your material,
all the best,
Dirk.

On 07-12-17 12:26, Mario Carrera wrote:

> Thank you Dirk! That's good news. We think that it will be very useful
> for them.
>
> We plan to publish one video per week during December excepting the last
> week, and then two videos per week.
>
> And the course is extendable, if there's a new feature that we consider
> important to add we would record a new video.
>
> Let us know about other relevant modules that you consider and we study
> them.
>
> Best regards,
>    Mario
>

> El 06/12/17 a las 15:12, Dirk Frigne escribió:
>> Mario,
>>
>> This initiative looks great!
>> I will certainly take a more closer look at it.
>>
>> I am currently involved in a Erasmus+ Programme European Project about
>> Case bases learning [1].
>>
>> Together with the University of Leuven (KUL [2]), I am also involved in
>> *cocreating* some free courses for implementing GIS based solutions for
>> eGovernment. One about "INSPIRE Advanced" which explains how INSPIRE can
>> be implemented and used withine Government processes, and one about how
>> to implement the "Agile" methodology in your project team to improve the
>> success rate of eGovernment projects.
>>
>> I will distribute your course material into the GiCases Project
>> communication and keep you informed about other relevant modules that
>> can be used to improve 'OSGeo-Capacity' building, and as I think they
>> can be usefull in the context of this project.
>>

>> All the best,
>> Dirk
>>

>> [1] http://www.gicases.eu/the-project/
>> [2] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KU_Leuven
>>
>> On 05-12-17 12:10, Mario Carrera wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> we have launched a free course about Geographic Information Systems
>>> applied to Municipality Management through several video-tutorials.
>>>
>>> At this post you can see the list of topics and the first module, that
>>> is available already in [1]
>>>
>>> At the next weeks we will publish the other modules, that we will
>>> include at this playlist: [2]
>>>
>>> The first two modules are theoretical, about differences between GIS and
>>> CAD, and reference systems, very important to understand the rest of the
>>> course. From the third one, the modules will be practical, and the
>>> cartography will be available for each video.
>>>
>>> In addition, when the course is finishing it will be possible to get the
>>> official certificate given by the gvSIG Association, where it will be
>>> obligatory to send a complete exercise.
>>>
>>> All the information about registration, dates, certification, where to
>>> send doubts... is available at the frequent questions section of the
>>> first post [1].
>>>
>>> We hope that it's useful for you.
>>>
>>> Best regards,
>>>     Mario

> [...]