[OSGeo-Discuss] osgeo logo svg - empty drawing

Jorge Sanz jsanz at osgeo.org
Wed Dec 27 00:17:04 PST 2017

In fact, the logo is available here in many formats and forms

https://github.com/OSGeo/osgeo/tree/master/marketing/branding/logo

The fact that the software generating the file was not Free Software does
not make the asset less open.

On 27 December 2017 at 08:54, andrea antonello <andrea.antonello at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Martin,
>
> > I am searching for official OSGeo logo in SVG format. I found [1], but
> > when I open this file in Inkscape or Firefox I just see empty (white)
> > drawing. BTW,
>
> create a big big rectangle of any color. Put it in background and
> tada: here it is :-)
> The logo is white, so you have to place it on a background to see it.
> But export should work.
>
> > <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
> > <!-- Generator: Adobe Illustrator 21.1.0, SVG Export Plug-In . SVG
> > Version: 6.00 Build 0)  -->
> >
> > I was surprised that logo of organization that supports open source
> > software development is using for promo materials proprietary
> > software.
>
> Well, even if I basically agree, the format is open and accessible.
>
> ciao,
> Andrea
>

> > Martin
> >
> > [1] https://raw.githubusercontent.com/OSGeo/osgeo/master/
> marketing/branding/logo/osgeo-logo-white.svg
> >
> > --
> > Martin Landa
> > http://geo.fsv.cvut.cz/gwiki/Landa
> > http://gismentors.cz/mentors/landa