[OSGeo-Discuss] GeoForAll at FOSS4G 2017 - abstracts deadline March 21

Helena Mitasova hmitaso at ncsu.edu
Mon Mar 20 18:28:44 PDT 2017

Dear geoforall community,

As you probably know the deadline for submitting abstracts to the Global FOSS4G 2017, Boston
 is tomorrow March 21 !

http://2017.foss4g.org/call-for-presentations/ <http://2017.foss4g.org/call-for-presentations/>

I am planning to submit an abstract on "State of GeoForAll in 2017" but
please let me know if you have already submitted an abstract on GeoForAll in general or some specific
initiative so that we can coordinate.

I have updated the wiki set up by Charlie - please add your workshop or abstract info
so that we can work with the LOC to have GeoForAll represented in an effective and visible way,
your association with geoforall may not be always visible in your submission.
Here is the wiki:

https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GeoForAll/FOSS4GBoston <https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GeoForAll/FOSS4GBoston>

This is a great opportunity to get together, share our work and plan for the future, so I have also added
a section for meetings if you would like to discuss collaborations and initiatives such as
Smart cities https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Opencitysmart,
Citizen science https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Geocrowdsourcing_CitizenScience_FOSS4G,
and Suchith or others can probably add many more.

Thank you, Helena

Helena Mitasova
Professor at the Department of Marine,
Earth, and Atmospheric Sciences