[OSGeo-Discuss] GRASS GIS video from 1987: 30th anniversary blog post / link

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Thu Mar 23 10:28:52 PDT 2017

Thanks Peter, very enjoyable to read the history!  Happy 30th
anniversary to the famous video.

Also, I'm proud to have played a small part in that video's history: at
FOSS4G 2004 in Bangkok Jim Westervelt wowed us all when he first showed
the digital version of that video in his keynote, and I waited patiently
after his talk and got him to sign my GRASS 4.1 Users Manual (it is
still on my desk here now, signed on 2004-09-14, love it!) and I asked
him for a copy of that video.  I think he gave it to me on a CD ha, and
the rest is history, we then shared that digital copy everywhere :)

Of course it was that same meeting where Markus, Venka and I would first
meet and agree to create the annual FOSS4G event.

Thanks for putting a big smile on my face today Peter!

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna
President Emeritus, OSGeo Foundation