[OSGeo-Discuss] Where to hire a FOSS4G freelane developer?

Jeffrey Johnson ortelius at gmail.com
Fri May 12 07:47:44 PDT 2017

Thats the idea.

Note, We are looking at structured ways to store Project information
such that it can be surfaced in the website and elsewhere (osgeolive,
print etc), but allow the project teams to update it via version
control. See this about.yml specification for more details on what we
are thinking https://github.com/18F/about_yml ... I think we can come
up with something similar for the service providers. We do something
sort of like this for GeoNode already
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/GeoNode/geonode.github.com/master/providers/providers.geojson

Note: The entire new website is going to be setup the way you
describe, such that when on a particular project page, the list of
providers (and resources etc etc) will be displayed in the page
drawing from a source of structured data. We are going to try to make
this as easy to maintain as possible.

One thing we hadn't really thought too much about was how to deal with
individual consultants vs firms. As someone who has done alot of
individual consulting, Ill make sure we account for this in our work
going forward.

Should be able to share some wireframes of this in the next few weeks
for discussion. Watch the marketing list, but Ill try to remember to
come back and post here too.

Jeff