[OSGeo-Discuss] Board nomination: Jeff McKenna

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Thu Oct 12 12:32:22 PDT 2017

Nicolas, Jeff, OSGeo Community:

I really like and respect Jeff. He has contributed many great things to
OSGeo and touched many of us in positive ways. However, while on the
board I've seen personality clashes where Jeff has sent passionate
emails with what I consider to be an unacceptable level of aggression
and disrespect for a board member, and which I believe has led to
community members leaving or becoming disengaged [3].

Jeff appears to have ignored my question. I'm disappointed but not
surprised. I've seen Jeff to be quick to engage on topics and people he
agrees with; but ignore tough questions; in the extreme resigning from
the board. Maybe I'm being hasty, I see Jeff has just posted his
candidate manifesto as I write this and he may explain his previous
resignations soon.

I've said the following about Jeff after he resigned previously [4]:

/    I see in you someone who has some wonderful characteristics which
you apply to OSGeo://
//   You are passionate, enthusiastic, dedicated to task.//
//
//    There are a few things that sometimes cause friction://
//    You are passionate, enthusiastic, dedicated to task.//
//
//    As with all of us, our strengths in one circumstance become a
weakness in another./

I love Jeff, but would hope that he provides some of our other excellent
board candidates with a chance to be on the board, and hope that Jeff
focuses on some of the other roles that he does so well.

Warm regards, Cameron

[3] https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/discuss/2015-November/033014.html

[4] https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/board/2015-December/008829.html

--