[OSGeo-Discuss] what is open source

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Mon Oct 16 12:33:30 PDT 2017

I hear you, this goes a bit beyond the basics of what is open source (open)
and reaches into what we expect of our osgeo open source projects
(open/social/fair).

I was going to save the "community driven" story one of:
- the "migrate" page, leaning heavily on Ian's "Earning Your Support
Instead of Buying it <https://vimeo.com/144089061>" talk. It is much easier
to compare contrast the proprietary vendor relationship with the community
driven experience.
- software foundation, where we explore what we mean by open/social/fair

Bobb do you have any words or links on "community driven" that you would
consider suitable starting points? We have some text in our handout that is
okay, but may be too focused on on insiders.

--
Jody Garnett