[OSGeo-Discuss] My feelings about board elections

Volker Mische volker.mische at gmail.com
Mon Oct 30 03:22:02 PDT 2017

Hi all,

I've a question in regards to how important it is to be a board member
if you represent the OSGeo.

I've never represented the OSGeo outside a FOSS4G and not outside of the
western world. Hence I don't know how important it is to have some
official title if you talk to institutions/agencies/governments. Does it
make a difference?

Do you need to be a board member or could it also be a role in your
local chapter?

Cheers,
  Volker