[OSGeo-Discuss] My feelings about board elections

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Mon Oct 30 04:39:14 PDT 2017

Hi Sanghee,

On Sun, 29. Oct 2017 at 23:17:53 +0900, Sanghee Shin wrote:
> One thing I'd like to point out is his un-withdrwal from board election after
> disclosing the results.

I also think the mid-election withdrawal was a very bad move.

But the un-withdrawal is only consequent.  We handled the withdrawal as it
never happened.  Otherwise the election would have needed to be restarted
without Jeff on the ballot.

Luckily there's no visible impact to the vote because of this and Jeff got
elected.  Otherwise people who voted for him would feel that their vote would
have been voided.  And that would also be the case, if Jeff wouldn't accept
the election now.

But the missing impact of the withdrawl to election raised the question how
much reach this list has - apparently a very low one.

Jürgen

Software Engineer           D-26506 Norden             http://www.norbit.de