[OSGeo-Discuss] About the selected election periods

Massimiliano Cannata massimiliano.cannata at supsi.ch
Mon Sep 18 05:17:07 PDT 2017

Dear All,
now that the official nomination period is concluded I would like to rise a
question about the opportunity of having Charter member nomination just
before of the Board Election with the intend of opening a discussion for
the coming years.

Personally I think that this is very inappropriate. I would propose to run
the Charter member election only after the Board member election.
Even if I'm sure that nobody did it, there is a risk of 'election' for the
purpose of 'election'.
e.g.: I could virtually nominate 20 people and likely expecting they will
vote form me or second all the nominations to get the favor of new members.

This is a potential flaws in the system from my point of view.

Cheers,
maxi

--
*Massimiliano Cannata*