[OSGeo-Discuss] New deegree web services release version available 3.4.1 (stable)

Torsten Friebe friebe at lat-lon.de
Fri Aug 31 03:13:06 PDT 2018

Well, we are preparing right now to be ready for the big step with Java
11. We see the following phases to make deegree ready for the Java roadmap:

1) Run the existing deegree application with JRE 11.
2) Compile deegree with JDK 11.
3) Modularize deegree to use the new Module System of Java 11.

All this should work with OpenJDK. With some luck step 1 and 2 should
just work. But for step 3 we expect some more work to do.

Any experience already from other OSGeo projects running on top of Java
9/10/11?

Torsten