[OSGeo-Discuss] Improving Code-of-Conduct

María Arias de Reyna delawen at gmail.com
Fri Jun 22 15:35:57 PDT 2018

El sáb., 23 jun. 2018 0:27, Mark Iliffe <markiliffe at gmail.com> escribió:

> This would be good - learning from the Dar FOSS4G experience would be a
> good starting place for this. Unfortunately,y not many people believe that
> the laws and codes of conduct we create need to be refreshed and amended to
> keep in pace with our community.
>
> On 22 Jun 2018, at 18:18, María Arias de Reyna <delawen at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> That's exactly what I'm trying to do.
>
> Massive +1

I want to start with a common CoC for OSGeo (at least as a best practices
model) while keeping conversations with other organizations. As part of a
woman in tech association many orgs have asked for advice already. And
there's already some initiatives for creating common resources. The ones I
know, in Spanish, but that shouldn't be a blocker for a start.

Having exactly the same rules for all situations is difficult, but having a
template is feasible.