[OSGeo-Discuss] GSoC 2019

Margherita Di Leo diregola at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 01:30:11 PST 2019

Hi,

On Tue, Feb 12, 2019 at 5:42 AM Abdullah Delta <delta140170109106 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Respected Personnel,
> I am Aman Shekh from India. Currently, I am pursuing a Masters in
> Geoinformatics from CSRE, Indian Institute of Technology Bombay (IITB).  I
> have had the exposure to geospatial data, GIS and spatial database in last
> semester.
> I did a project on implementing the analysed map on solar irradiance to
> get spatial distribution on solar energy on an area to find the best
> suitable areas for deploying solar panel and created an interface on QGIS
> that can query on spatial location for a best possible site for deploying
> panels.

Interesting, is the code published anywhere?

I have a handful of experience of working with spatial database and
> geoserver tools. I have domain knowledge of GIS, Remote Sensing and
> software includes ArcGIS, QGIS, ERDAS IMAGINE, ENVI, POSTGRE SQL, PYTHON.
> I am a programming enthusiast who would love to contribute to OsGeo in the
> upcoming Google Summer of Code 2019. I would be very grateful to get any
> directions to start with so that I can pursue and participate in GSoC 2019
> with your organisation. I want to get direction from where to start.

You can start from: https://www.osgeo.org/initiatives/gsoc/ and
particularly the recommendations for would-be students
https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code_Recommendations_for_Students

Kind regards,

--
Margherita Di Leo