[OSGeo-Discuss] How big is OSGeo?

Basques, Bob (CI-StPaul) bob.basques at ci.stpaul.mn.us
Fri Sep 6 08:02:45 PDT 2019

All,

Related to counting of OSGeo community . . .

I brought this idea up way back when, but it was thought that it was too much effort to realize at the time.  Should there be some thought put into setting up a real membership status for folks, in whatever form, where they recieve an (semi-official?) membership of some sort.  I card, designation, etc or ??   This could be a basic requirement of keeping a local chapter item, too.  The local chapters could promote joining, etc.

Maybe some nominal cost charged back for membership, voted into different levels, Charter, regular, Board, etc . . . .   . . . .

bobb