[OSGeo-Discuss] FOSS4G for cartography production

Eli Adam eadam at co.lincoln.or.us
Wed Jul 22 15:29:40 PDT 2020

Hi Sergio,

Adam recommends a good method for post processing maps.  Before going
to post processing, it is worth trying to get the results you want
within QGIS.  There have been some major labeling improvements and
overhauls over the years giving QGIS some powerful labeling options.
Here are a few links with some information on that:
https://nyalldawson.net/tag/labelling/
http://planet.qgis.org/planet/tag/labels/ (which gives a cloudflare
message but this seems to work:
https://web.archive.org/web/20191202202601/http://planet.qgis.org/planet/tag/labels/
https://web.archive.org/web/20191202201049/http://planet.qgis.org/planet/tag/labeling/

The visual changelog labeling category and going through the various
versions might give some ideas too:
https://qgis.org/en/site/forusers/visualchangelog314/index.html#labelling

If you're using QGIS, writing the QGIS user list is more likely to get
detailed responses (from experienced users and developers) than the
discuss list:

Best regards, Eli