[OSGeo-Discuss] OSGeo Statement on Community Standards

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Mon May 31 10:56:48 PDT 2021

Astrid:

The page <https://www.osgeo.org/code_of_conduct/> links to the code of
conduct for several communities, but we no longer have a single code of
conduct as an organization. Indeed projects / events / local chapters are
able to choose an appropriate code of conduct - just like we ask free and
open source projects to choose an appropriate license for their community.

Personally I recommend adopting one of the community managed code of
conducts (Berlin Code of Conduct <https://berlincodeofconduct.org/> or
Contributor
Covenant <https://www.contributor-covenant.org/>) since it is not a lot of
fun to write one of these things and keep it up to date. Or keep it simple,
as the bards once said: *Be excellent to each other*
--
Jody Garnett