[OSGeo-Discuss] Conference selection transparency (Was Announcement: Call for Location global FOSS4G 2023)

Jonathan Moules jonathan-lists at lightpear.com
Thu Jan 13 04:11:51 PST 2022

Excellent question Bruce!

I don't think there's any need to reinvent the wheel here; a number of
open-source initiatives seem to use scoring for evaluating proposals.
Chances are something from one of them can be borrowed.

Apache use it for scoring mentee proposals for GSOC:
https://community.apache.org/mentee-ranking-process.html

Linux Foundation scores their conference proposals for example:
https://events.linuxfoundation.org/kubecon-cloudnativecon-europe/program/scoring-guidelines/

A comprehensive web-page with tons of suggestions and guidance for how
to do it: https://rfp360.com/rfp-weighted-scoring/

Best,

Jonathan