[OSGeo-Discuss] Invitation to the launch of the Geospatial Software Resources Platform for Geospatial Data Exploitation!

Vasile Craciunescu vasile at geo-spatial.org
Mon Apr 8 01:37:49 PDT 2024

Dear OSGeo community,

It is with great pleasure to announce the official release of the Open Source for Geospatial Software Resources Platform for Geospatial Data Exploitation!
OSS4gEO is an initiative part of the Open Innovation framework at the European Space Agency and it was designed to lay the foundations for the community to maintain an open source geospatial software repository that functions as an extended metadata catalogue, curated by the community for the community. The initiative is supported by the European Space Agency and the first implementation was carried out by Terrasigna.
At this point, OSS4gEO registers over 400 FOSS projects documented within the [ecosystem](https://www.oss4geo.org/). Everything we've done (and why) so far is documented and made publicly [available](https://project.oss4geo.org/).

Join us online on the 11th of April, starting at 3:30 PM CET, when we will gladly share in an open and interactive discussion the results we’ve obtained during the 12 months of design, development and documentation of OSS4gEO, as well as our future plans. From 3:45 to 5:15, we will continue with FOSS best practices/directions/guidelines discussion.
The online event will be available as a Teams meeting. Note that registration to the Teams meeting in advance is necessary and can be done using this [form](https://survey.terrasigna.io/index.php/851345?newtest=Y&lang=en). A meeting invitation with a Teams link will be sent on your registered email.
Note: asking questions and giving comments require attending the meeting through Teams.

Best regards,
Vasile