[OSGeo-Discuss] Email filtering (was: Change in mailing list configuration)

Jeroen Ticheler jeroen.ticheler at geocat.net
Sun Jan 14 01:38:32 PST 2024

Hi Sandro,

First of all, thanks for taking such great care, restoring the default list behaviour and taking time to discuss with a wider audience!

Second, my personal experience with filtering based on header content is completely new. What you describe makes sense, but at the same time it may not be for everyone. And my email client does not provide me with such advanced filtering capabilities. Maybe that is because I use stupid mail clients (I use more than one to be honest), at the same time I'm convinced I'll not be the only one. If indeed I'm not alone here, a change to the mailing-list may make perfect sense (in fact emails from lists.osgeo.org  don't comply with all security checks and cause warnings for me), but filtering on headers may be a bridge to far!?

Cheers,

Jeroen

---- On Sat, 13 Jan 2024 18:02:21 +0100 Sandro Santilli via Discuss <discuss at lists.osgeo.org> wrote ---

On Fri, Jan 12, 2024 at 11:10:13AM +0100, Christian Willmes wrote:

> you are messing with my filter configuration and I dislike this (very much).

Would you consider sharing detail of your filter software so that
someone might help you with converting it to use email headers ?

Email coming from this list have the following headers that may be
used by filters:

--strk;