[Distrs] Salutations

Yann Chemin ychemin at gmail.com
Wed Nov 20 03:14:02 PST 2013

Hi Nikos,

There are two sets of distributed suites, one using OpenMP (complete) and a
small one using OpenCL (incomplete but few simple modules are there).

In any case I suggest you take any of the directory inside prog/ or progcl/
that you are most familiar with (i.e. prog_NDVI is always an easy take) and
compile it in your computer (make clean; make). After that, use any input
required (for NDVI, Red and NIR) and run the module. The distribution of
processing is done within the dataset processed, i.e. all pixels are loaded
in RAM, then each receives pixels as available and process the image
required.

for OpenMP (prog/ directory) distribution, I suggest you use a biggish
image (1Gb per input band) to see a significant change with 4/8
core/threads. It scales well, you can try bigger and more cores/threads.

Cheers,
Yann

PS: if your CPU is INTEL, go in the BIOS and enable HyperThreading, it will
double you number of cores, works very well for such type of processing
distribution.

----