[DotNet-OSGeo] Georeferencing help

Daniel Ames dan.ames at isu.edu
Tue Nov 23 12:16:20 EST 2010

Hi Carmelo,

Thanks for your interest in MapWindow and DotNet Open Source GIS in general.
This mailing list is actually a general discussion list for all things about
OSGeo DotNet in general. So we need to find a better home for your question.

MapWindow 6 is actually managed here: mapwindow6.codeplex.com, however
you'll see that development on that project has paused while the underlying
GIS engine, DotSpatial, gets worked on. (dotspatial.codeplex.com).

So it may be best to post your comment there and then continue with
MapWindow 4 till the MW6 project comes back to life.

- Dan

On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 7:58 AM, Carmelo Terrasi
<terrasi.carmelo at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi everybody,
> I'm a newbie with MapWindow6 and I would like to figure out a couple of
> things.
>
> Whenever I drag and drop a GeoTiff into the map (MapWindow6) I can not see
> that image at its place, I mean that Image is not georeferenced, so if I put
> another GeoTiff the latter overlaps the first one.
> With MapWindow4 it was quite simple after creating an instance for the grid
> raster.
>
> Does anyone of you know how to resolve this issue in MapWindow6?
> Any tips would be really appreaciated.
> Thanks a lot guys,
> Carmelo

Daniel P. Ames, Ph.D. PE