[OSGeo-Edu] website clean-up

Puneet Kishor punkish at eidesis.org
Sun Apr 23 14:57:46 EDT 2006

Markus Neteler wrote:
> On 4/23/06, Puneet Kishor <punkish at eidesis.org> wrote:
..
>> was there another email included here, or was I supposed to get a copy?
>> I can't see Daniel's answer anywhere.
>
> He sent it
>
>  From: Daniel Brookshier <dbrookshier at collab.net>
>  To: Markus Neteler <neteler.osgeo at gmail.com>
>  Cc: discuss at edu.osgeo.org
>  Date: Apr 23, 2006 6:21 PM
>  Subject: Re: [OSGeo-Edu] website clean-up
>
> Ha! I just realize that it got trapped by CollabNet software itself
> since Daniel
> apparently isn't subscribed. The list manager of discuss at edu.osgeo.org
> (you?)
> will be able to let is pass here. It should be on hold currently.

unfortunately, its not that simple :-(. From the docs for "discuss" type
mailing lists --

	"• 	If a non-subscriber (or a subscriber using a different address)
sends a message, the address is checked against an "allow" database. If
the address is in the database, the message goes through, and if not it
is bounced to the moderator for approval. If the message is approved,
the user's email address is added to the "allow" database. If the
moderator does not respond to the moderation request, the request times
out after ten days and the user receives a notice that the submission
was not approved."

Since it is not a moderated mailing list, and I had not added my name as
a moderator (I have now), I have no idea where to look for Daniel's
email. I would be happy to add his email to the subscribers list, but he
may not want the discuss traffic in his mailbox. Any advice would be
appreciated, and perhaps, in the meantime, you can just forward Daniel's
email to the discuss list.

Many thanks,

--
Puneet Kishor