[OSGeo-Edu] FreeGIS Book

Astrid Emde astrid.emde at ccgis.de
Mon Aug 7 10:34:06 EDT 2006

Hello all,

Allan Doyle schrieb:
>>> We want to start out with a wikimedia instance. We're moving off of
>>> the ZWiki at eogeo.org and don't want to have to move twice.
>>
>> Right then... osgeo.org does run on mediawiki.

We run the wiki.osgeo.org here in germany. I asked wether it is possible
to host another subdomain  wikibooks.osgeo.org on this server. It
wouln't be problem. And when we get the ok from SAC we can move the wiki
to the Telascience machine.

> I guess that raises a good point, who does control the DNS?

Auke Jilderda controls the DNS. Jo Walsh said it is easy to contact him.
Auke would have to add the link wikibooks.osgeo.org

We thought we would solve the wiki thing directly at the Telascience
machine to avoid double work. But if the access to the server is not
available yet, I would suggest to set up the wiki on our server (that
could happen tomorrow or on wednesday) and move it to the Telascience
machine when the access i there. It would be a mediawiki with an own
database in mysql.

Just the mail from Jo Wash (good night again) droped in. And I don't
know what will be the role of http://frot.org/osgeo/portal/.

I didn't get an answer from the sac yet. Maybe tomorrow I will know more.

--
astrid