video tutorials

Jason Jorgenson jjorgenson at gmail.com
Wed Nov 15 17:15:26 EST 2006

Hi Everyone.  I installed software called screenkast from
www.captorials.comand made a video tutorial for
r.walk in Grass 6.3.  I am very excited about this, as it was extremely easy
to do, is well organized site, easy to use the finished video and all done
with foss.  Here is what Bram Biesbrouck from captorials had to say about
video length and numbers of videos...

"
As far as I know, there's no real time limit for them. The largest I made is
about 25min, but there shouldn't be any problems with longer ones (oh, there
comes Murphy...)
The amount of tutorials is no issue either. Go nuts ;-)

I inserted GIS under Scientific/Engineering -> Geographic Information System
(GIS), I hope that's ok for you.
"

I think that it would be a fantastic set of tools to have in the tool chest,
for examples to show people of... well, anything really!  a 7.5 minute video
only took 19mb and I think about 20 minutes to make from start to finish
(including the upload to the site).

Anyway, thought I might put it out all of you.  Could be very relevant to a
lot of different projects...

--
Jason Jorgenson
Post Grad Research Student

"If you don't get out of the box you've been raised in, you won't understand
how much bigger the world is." - Angelina Jolie