[OSGeo-Edu] Free and open source your documentation efforts

watry at steam.coaps.fsu.edu watry at steam.coaps.fsu.edu
Sun Oct 8 09:19:03 EDT 2006

Quoting Arnulf Christl <arnulf.christl at ccgis.de>:
"They pay the trainer, venue, hardware, etc. but only *use* the course
work. Is this commercial use and therefore not permitted?"

That is fine, If you use the course work as is, and your charge for
your time, expertize, and additional material. Then it is fine to use
the material in a  class room environment. People pay to sit in a class
room at a University. Here at Florida State University it is going to
be included in a Master level Geography Degree. The student is paying
for the instructor's time. They still have an option to do the material
without an instructor or they can use the instructor time. The course
material is still free. This being the case why would I deny the same
previldge to a private or Commercial school environment.

What I don't want is this material to appear in a commercial book about
Open Source GIS.