UNU open courseware

Charlie Schweik cschweik at pubpol.umass.edu
Fri Oct 13 05:24:06 EDT 2006

Hi,

I'm in Beijing China right now so will miss the IRC. On my trip I
stopped at the United Nations University in Macau to give a talk. I also
had some discussions with a Computer Scientist named Tomasz Jankowski
who is involved with doing workshops in developing countries. I guess
the UNU has an open courseware initiative going on and as I understand
it there is little GIS in it at the moment. I mentioned to Tomasz the
OSGEO effort and he is going to get me more information on the program
which I will pass on when I get it. It might be a useful connection for
OSGEO edu in the future.

Also, I just saw a demo on commercial Chinese GIS software called
"Supermap" in case anyone is interested... http://www.supermap.com/
-- I hadn't heard of it before.

Charlie

--