[OSGeo-Edu] Informal request for association

Ari Jolma ari.jolma at tkk.fi
Mon Sep 18 13:47:40 EDT 2006

This sounds interesting and IACM looks respectable organization by
looking at their website.

There is not yet an approved procedure for getting OSGeo certification
for educational materials. However, I think we'd be willing to
cooperate, if the materials meet, e.g., some openness requirements.

OSGeo itself is a legal entity and decisions about it entering into
legal associations is decided by the board and president. Being an U.S.
based organization it probably can be an official partner in EU funded
projects but can't receive funding from EU.

There are also OSGeo associated European researchers/university
educators who can participate in such a program officially, i.e., are
eligible for EU funding.

Best regards,

Ari

--