[OSGeo-Edu] Informal request for association

Poulicos Prastacos poulicos at iacm.forth.gr
Mon Sep 18 15:54:23 EDT 2006

Hi to all:

Thanks for the prompt reports.

FORTH is preparing a proposal to be submitted to the Greek Secretariat of
Research and Technology (not EU) for organizing workshops in the area of
"open GIS".   In this proposal I think several Universities, some companies
and probably the Greek association  of GIS will participate.

Since the time is short I wrote to Arnulf Christi whether you had some
educational material that we could use in the proposal.  An "association"
with OsGeo.org could also enhance the proposal.

As part of the project we intend to do workshops in 4-5 cities in Greece on
"open GIS".  Each workshop (assume 5 days) will consist of 1 day of
introduction on GIS / open GIS and on the following days we will do a hands
on training on several open GIS software.  Something as the workshops in
Lausanne.

We intend to invite some people from abroad to come to teach and probably as
part of this project some Greeks go abroad for 1 day training etc.

Given the fact that there is short time our intention now is to submit the
proposal (deadline September 25) and then when we get it probably change a
bit things.

I have included on the cc list some colleagues who will be working on the
proposal the coming days.  Myself I have to fly tomorrow to Muenster,
Germany and will be overseeing the preparation of the proposal from there.

Looking forwards to your active support.

Poulicos Prastacos

believed to be clean.