[OSGeo-Edu] Moodle, Drupal, etc.

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) tmitchell at osgeo.org
Fri Jul 20 12:57:41 EDT 2007

Hi all, in this morning's meeting (which I just caught the tail end
of), Gary Watry was talking about an online tool called Moodle which
has been using for distributing curriculum.  The question I had was
if there was an easy way to use our existing Drupal CMS to do what
was needed - but from what I now see of Moodle, I wouldn't want to
try to replicate it with Drupal.

Indeed, many people that blog about this kind of stuff look at using
both Drupal and Moodle (and others) together to meet their needs.  So
I personally have no problem trying out Moodle to handle the academic
side of things.

In fact I installed it on the OSGeo test server.  If you already have
an OSGeo user account (aka LDAP account, the one used behind
www.osgeo.org), then you should be able to log in an play around
right away.
http://test.osgeo.net/moodle/login/index.php

I also noticed there is this openacademic.org initiative that
distributes a Drupal-based attempt to package up all the needed
parts.  I will have a peek at it too.
- http://openacademic.org/news/drupaled