[OSGeo-Edu] Free GIS Book

Sunburned Surveyor sunburned.surveyor at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 19:53:53 EDT 2007

I finally had the chance to visit my work on the Free GIS Book this
last weekend. I have decided that my first section on the chapter
about math for measurements really needs some work.

I'll be extracting some of the section on measuring distances into a
separate chapter that deals with basic definitions of vector
geometries. I'll also be adding some content like suggested lab
exrecises, research topics, and programming exercizes so that each
section is an independent module that could be used for classroom
instruction or a program of self study.

I wanted to let the list know that I haven't abandoned the Free GIS
Book, even though I didn't spend a lot of time on it the last few
weeks.

Landon (A.K.A. - The Sunburned Surveyor)